Welcome to My Cre8tive Paradise

Thanks for dropping by! Just a little blog that gives a little insight into the world of me - my happy place. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Church Up In Here!!!

I don't know if you're like me but I get inspired by the most simple things!! I am always on some message board and tonight was no different. One of the ladies mentioned the gospel song "His Eye is On the Sparrow" and you know, the spirit just hit me and I am having CHURCH UP IN HERE!!! Check out Lauryn Hill's rendition of the song - she sang it in Sister Act 2.

"For Jesus IS my portion! A Constant friend is HE... Oh His eye is on the sparrow, and I KNOW HE watches ME..... I sing because I am happy... I sing because I am FREE.. His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches me!!!!"

Those are some POWERFUL words, my dear friends. Many a day, I wake with that verse and the tune echoing in my head and my heart is immediately lifted! I can do all things...

Another to check out, if you haven't already done so, is "God In Me" by Mary Mary. Now THAT song really makes me shout!!! Eyes closed, head bobbing, toes tapping and hands clapping!!! Church Up in HERE!!!

If you can't stand it - GET OUT! God's grace and mercy is sufficient!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, that is one of my all-time favorite spiritual songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, I am feeling that song "God in ME"! Thanks for getting me hype! LOL Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That songs always touchs my soul, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete